Excellence in Dentistry
Cosmetic and General Dentistry serving Fort Lauderdale and Lauderdale by the Sea
Are you embarrassed when you smile because of stained, misshapen, uneven, or misaligned teeth? You have the power to change that look and exchange it for white, even, beautiful teeth. Nancy Rotroff, DDS, MAGD, and Gerard Wasselle, DMD, at Excellence in Dentistry in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, offer porcelain veneers to give you a dazzling new smile. Call our office to book an appointment to see if veneers are the right solution for you.
Veneers Q & A
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are an ultra-thin, custom-made shell placed on the front of your tooth to improve your smile. They are an answer to unsightly, discolored, or misshapen and misaligned teeth. While veneers can be made of porcelain or resin composite material, Dr. Rotroff and Dr. Wasselle choose to use porcelain material to cover imperfections in your teeth. Dental veneers are ultra-thin which allows your cosmetic dentist to transform your smile with a minimally invasive preparation as compared to dental crowns.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
- Long-lasting: With proper care and dental hygiene, you can expect your dental veneers to last up to 20 years.
- Custom-fit: Your veneers are custom-made by our state of art dental lab to fit your teeth perfectly.
- Natural blend: Porcelain veneers are translucent, meaning they allow light to pass through them. They perfectly match the appearance of your natural smile.
- Strength: Porcelain veneers are very durable; you can still eat the foods you love without worrying about chipping a tooth.
- Resistant to stains: Unlike your original teeth, veneers are impervious to stains, so you can continue to enjoy your coffee, tea, and red wine.
- Cosmetic transformation: Teeth that are worn, stained, misshapen, cracked, or out of alignment now are white, even, smooth, and perfectly aligned.
What happens during the veneer procedure?
At your first visit, Dr. Rotroff or Dr. Wasselle consult with you to determine what changes you would like to see in your smile. They take X-rays, examine your teeth, and may take impressions to determine if there is enough of your original teeth left for veneers.
At the second visit, Dr. Rotroff or Dr. Wasselle numb your mouth so that the procedure is pain-free. They take a thin layer of enamel from the teeth you want to improve. They make a model of the teeth and send it to our state of the art lab for fabrication. They provide a temporary veneer until the next visit.
At your final visit, your dentist will ensure the color match, shape and fit are perfect before cementing your veneers into place. You will leave the office with a brand new smile.
Do you want to learn how porcelain veneers can give you a new, beautiful smile? Call our office to request an appointment today.
Cosmetic Dentistrymore info
Crowns and Bridgesmore info
Dental Cleaning and Examsmore info
Composite Fillingsmore info
Tooth Extractionmore info
Partials and Denturesmore info
Emergency Dentistrymore info
Wisdom Teeth Extractionmore info
Root Canalsmore info
Teeth Whiteningmore info
Clear Correctmore info
Second Opinionmore info
Bite Guardmore info