Composite dental bonding is an inexpensive, minimally invasive procedure that your cosmetic dentist in Fort Lauderdale can use to correct a number of smile imperfections. It only takes a single visit to our dental office on Commercial Blvd to restore your smile. In this simple procedure, your dentist, Nancy Rotroff, DDS, MAGD or Gerard Wasselle, DMD, applies a custom-matched, tooth-colored resin material to your tooth, then sculpts it with an artistic touch, applies a curing light to harden the resin, and finally polishes your tooth for beautiful, natural-looking result.
How can tooth bonding fix my smile?
Dental bonding is used to fix numerous dental issues and lets you smile with confidence. Dental bonding is an excellent option if you have:
- Dental Decay. Composite bonding is used to fill cavities beautifully without unsightly silver fillings.
- Gaps between teeth. While some people can successfully pull off a gapped-tooth smile, it makes some people uncomfortable and self-conscious. Dental bonding can close your gap and give you a beautiful smile you can share with confidence.
- Discolored Teeth. Composite bonding is a procedure that your cosmetic dentist uses to correct the appearance and color of teeth. Bonding can be used to correct discoloration when teeth whitening has been ineffective.
- Stained Teeth. While teeth whitening works to whiten your teeth most of the time, it may be ineffective for stubborn stains and internal stains. Fortunately, bonding can restore stained teeth to beautiful pearly whites.
- Chipped Teeth. Whether you have had an accident or have chipped a tooth, composite bonding can restore the structure and aesthetics of your tooth.
- Size and Shape. Composite bonding can be used to enhance the size and/or shape of your teeth. If you feel your teeth are too round or too small, find the best cosmetic dentist with years of experience using tooth bonding to achieve the smile you want..
- Crooked Teeth. Minor misalignment can be corrected with dental bonding.
What are the pros and cons of composite dental bonding?
- Dental bonding is relatively inexpensive.
- Dental bonding is a minimally invasive procedure often done without anasthesia.
- Dental bonding is a quick procedure with fantastic results.
- Composite fillings are often covered by insurance to repair dental decay.
- Unlike dental crowns and veneers, dental bonding is susceptible to staining. Cigarette smoke, red wine, coffee, and tea can cause staining.
- Composite resin used in dental bonding is not as durable as the porcelain used in dental crowns or porcelain veneers.
Regardless of the reason you would like to rejuvenate your smile, restoring discolored, chipped, or gapped teeth with composite bonding can restore your confidence in your smile. Select the best dentist in Fort Lauderdale for your composite bonding. Call Excellence in Dentistry at 954-928-1666. Dr. Nancy Rotroff and Dr. Gerard Wasselle have over 60 years combined experience providing the highest quality dental care.